Your Horry County home’s insulation can lower cooling and heating costs substantially. Saving money on monthly energy bills is something we all want. But more importantly, insulation enhances your indoor comfort level.
If you’re installing new insulation or considering insulation replacement this year, TCI Myrtle Beach is the experienced insulation contractor offering durable, safe, long-lasting insulation solutions.
Builders and homeowners working with new homes from Columbus County, North Carolina, to Georgetown, South Carolina, trust TCI Myrtle Beach for honest, affordable insulation services delivered on time and within budget.
7 Signs Your Myrtle Beach Home Needs More Insulation
Heating and cooling costs are about 42% of your utility bills. Without proper insulation, your HVAC system works harder and your energy bills are higher than necessary.
Signs you need home insulation include:
- Drafts: If you feel outside air drafts near windows and doors, adding insulation can help. Spray foam insulation is great for small behind-the-walls spaces.
- Frozen pipes: Many homes suffered from frozen plumbing pipes during “the big freeze” of 2021. Much of the problem was not enough insulation in the homes and crawl spaces.
- Higher heating/cooling bills: If you’re paying more than your neighbor and you share the same basic architectural design and square footage, you are likely under-insulated. You may not “feel” the air temperature fluctuations, but the air leaks force your HVAC to work overtime.
- Ice dams: If you see ice chunks or icicles on your roof during a cold snap, those are called “ice dams.” This happens when so much heat is escaping through your roof that it melts snow, which then flows downward, off the roof and into gutters — and freezes. Falling chunks of ice can injure anyone standing below, and the weight of ice can damage gutters.
- Pests: Spray foam insulation can prevent rodents and bugs from infesting your home. Mice seek air movement, and when the air is effectively blocked, mice will avoid the attic or basement.
- Temperature fluctuations: Some rooms are too hot; others are too cold. Check your ceilings, floors and walls in each room. They should feel warm and dry to the touch. If any of them feel cold or damp, you don’t have adequate insulation.
- Water: Rainwater can seep into a poorly insulated roof. Water and moisture can also leak behind walls when you have ineffective gutters and insufficient insulation.
Sometimes homeowners want or need a tighter air seal. Insulation retrofitting is when we add insulation to a home’s existing insulation.
If your current insulation is water-damaged or defective, it’s a health hazard and your indoor air quality is at risk. If you have infant, elderly or chronically ill family members, professional insulation removal and installation should be scheduled as soon as possible.
Types of Insulation
We complete many insulation projects on the East Coast, but attic insulation and crawl space insulation are probably the most frequent. The three most popular insulation choices are blown-in fiberglass or cellulose, fiberglass batts and spray foam insulation.
Other insulation types include:
- Radiant barrier
- Recycled denim
- Rigid board
Why TCI Myrtle Beach?
Insulation removal and installation more than pay for themselves. Insulation has a 117% return on investment (ROI).
Your insulation contractor should be safety-conscious and knowledgeable about insulation materials and their properties. We care about quality and affordability. We’re invested in what we do because we live here, too.
Builders: When You Need an Insulation Subcontractor, Contact TCI Myrtle Beach
TCI Myrtle Beach will coordinate with your plumbing, HVAC and mechanical subcontractors to provide insulation services for your commercial and residential builds. We will partner with you to bring your project in on time and within budget.
Homeowners: Trust TCI Myrtle Beach for Safe Insulation Installation
DIY homeowners are smart and proactive. They make the best customers! And the best DIY homeowners know when to rely on professional service.
Call us with questions because when you know more, you make better choices. TCI Myrtle Beach is your best choice for insulation installation.
Call (843) 347-4233 or contact us for more information.