Is your attic wasting a huge amount of heating and cooling energy throughout the year? Are the rooms directly below your attic constantly drafty, your energy bills unusually high for the weather and comfort just impossible to maintain? Whether you’re aiming to keep your attic’s uncontrolled environment separated from your home or keep it comfortable as a finished space, the solution remains the same: effective attic insulation installed by an expert team.
TCI Myrtle Beach can help turn a leaky attic into an airtight and moisture-proof barrier between the outdoors and your home, whether you’re adding insulation to a new build, replacing existing insulation or adding new insulation right on top of what’s already there.
Want to get started on attic insulation in Myrtle Beach as soon as possible? Dial (843) 347-4233 or reach out to us online to schedule a visit!
Attic Insulation in Myrtle Beach, SC
When we insulate your attic, we’re installing materials that resist the passage of heat, air, moisture and sound. Attic insulation can be installed primarily along the bottom of your attic, which will leave the attic itself uninsulated but keep your home climate controlled, or you can opt to insulate your attic as much as any other room.
For attic insulation, we can work with a variety of different materials depending on the needs of the project, but primarily we’ll be working with:
- Fiberglass batts. Your typical fiberglass panels, like those you would use in the exterior walls of your home. Highly effective and efficient, but not always viable for reinsulation of a finished attic without tearing up floors or opening up walls.
- Blown-in fiberglass. The loose mounds of insulation you may have seen before in unfinished attics and crawl spaces. Inexpensive and easy to install, blown-in fiberglass can be quickly installed to get an unfinished attic to stop being a problem for the rest of your home.
- Spray foam. Spray foam is applied as a wet spray, allowing it to work well for nearly any surface with ease. As it dries, spray foam insulation will expand to fill a larger space with an airtight, heat-resistant moisture barrier of foam insulation. Spray foam can fill nearly any nook or cranny, no matter how difficult to access or unusually shaped.
Benefits of Insulating Your Attic
Not sure whether your attic needs more insulation? Consider the many benefits you stand to gain from having a properly insulated attic:
- Improved energy bills: Your attic can be one of the single biggest culprits in high energy bills, right up there with HVAC in poor condition or old windows with poor insulation value.
- More comfortable upstairs rooms: Rooms connected to a poorly insulated attic will be hard to keep comfortable no matter how much warm or cool air you throw at them; it’ll all just leak away through the uninsulated ceiling!
- Less risk of moisture damage, air pollution and pests: Heat isn’t the only thing that comes in through the attic; moisture, pests and pollution can pass through just as easily, but they can also be blocked by the right insulation. Water damage from poor insulation can cause catastrophic damage to your home, so be wary!
- Reduced risk of winter ice dams and uncontrolled run-off: An uninsulated attic in the winter can lead to snow melting despite low outdoor temperatures, then refreezing at the edge of your roof into dangerous ice dams.
Want to reduce the risk of downsides and reap the benefits of a properly insulated attic? Reach out to the team at TCI Myrtle Beach today by dialing (843) 347-4233 or contacting us online.
Request a Quote for Attic Insulation in Myrtle Beach
When your Myrtle Beach or Conway attic needs insulation, you want to work with a team that understands how to get the job done right, using the right tools and materials for your needs and budget. We’ll help you figure out exactly what kind of insulation you need and apply it according to all best practices so that your attic — and the rest of your home — will be as comfortable and secure against the elements as possible!
To begin your attic insulation project today, call TCI at (843) 347-4233 or reach out to us online. We look forward to helping you with your insulation needs!