If you’re building a new home, adding onto your current home or refreshing to meet modern standards, turn to TCI Myrtle Beach for safe, long-lasting insulation choices.
Insulation solutions in Conway, SC, deliver more energy efficiency. Even if you aren’t concerned with saving the planet, you’ll appreciate saving money. And that’s what home insulation can do for you, and more.
Sometimes insulation compresses, which reduces its efficiency. And some homeowners simply want more indoor temperature comfort. Adding insulation is called insulation retrofitting. It’s a great idea if your current insulation is undamaged.
TCI’s insulation for Conway, SC, is customized to work with your home’s design and clean air requirements. We serve homeowners and contractors along the Grand Strand and beyond.
Do You Need More Insulation?
Your HVAC system is the most expensive appliance in your Horry County home. Good insulation helps heating and cooling systems operate at maximum efficiency, which extends the life span of your unit.
Insulation isn’t just about keeping your home warm. Because of where we live, we need cool air and moisture control. The right type of insulation will add comfort, keep your air clean and save money, too.
If you think you need more insulation, you probably do. Signs include:
- Drafts: Adding insulation can minimize some types of drafts near windows and doors.
- Frozen pipes: Winter freezes in Conway are rare, but they happen. During freezing temperatures, homes without enough basement or crawl space insulation tend to have frozen plumbing pipes. If you’re driving down the road during a rare snowfall and see homes with no snow on their roofs, that’s a sign those homes don’t have enough attic insulation.
- Higher heating/cooling bills: If you’re paying more than your neighbor and you share about the same square footage, you may be under-insulated. Your HVAC is probably working overtime to keep your home comfortable.
- Ice dams: If you have icicles on your roof during a freeze, those are “ice dams.” So much heat is escaping through your roof that water melts and refreezes.
- Mold/water damage: Water and moisture can collect in attics and behind walls when you have ineffective gutters and insufficient insulation. Accumulated moisture can lead to mold, which is a health hazard. Moldy insulation needs professional attention — never DIY its removal. You’ll send additional mold spores into the air and create even more of a health risk.
- Rodents/pests: Once mice or other pests make their home in your insulation, it must be removed. Rodent-damaged insulation must be removed by a professional with proper protective equipment. The waste delivers airborne bacteria and is a health hazard to you and your home.
- Temperatures: Some rooms are too hot; others are too cold. Check ceilings, floors and walls in each room. During the winter, they should feel warm and dry to the touch. If not, you don’t have enough insulation.
If you see signs you need additional or replacement insulation, don’t delay, especially if you live with infants or elderly or chronically ill family members.
Building and Home Improvement Products in Conway, SC
Many homes’ bathrooms have “contractor mirrors.” They serve their purpose, but a beautiful, framed mirror can become a focal point. Upgrading your home’s hardware, mirrors, shelving and shower doors improves your property value.
Even if you’re not planning on selling anytime soon, these room renovations and upgrades improve your quality of life:
- Hardware: Bathroom and kitchen
- Paper towel holders
- Towel rings/bars
- Wall/door hooks
- Shelving solutions
- Bedroom closets
- Coat closets
- Kitchen pantries
- Shower doors
… and more
TCI Myrtle Beach is the Conway, SC, go-to for products that improve your home and your life!